Friday 19 June 2015

Street Art in Melbourne CBD: ACDC Lane and Duckboard Lane

When I visited Lane's Edge cafe and bar in March, I had a lovely day walking through the city with a camera.  So yesterday I sorted just a few of the street art photos that I took.  I have been to Hosier Lane a few times but this was my first visit to ACDC Lane and Duckboard Lane just up over Russell Street (off Flinders Lane.  Both lanes, which form a horseshoe, have lots of interesting street art, including quite a lot of political art relating to high profile people ranging from our Prime Minister Tony Abbott to Sea Shepherd's Paul Watson.

ACDC Lane:




Duckboard Lane:






If you look closely at this pattern, you notice it is made of bottletops.








12 comments:

  1. I love the street art in Melbourne, especially the political stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine - it is fun to look at and does take me down lanes I would never notice otherwise

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Faye - I thought you would enjoy that one

      Delete
  3. That last one is so lively!

    When I read your comment about Tony Abbott I initially thought he had done some street art, which seemed so unlikely I did a major double take. The reality makes more sense ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - I have changed the wording so others don't think Tony Abbott is taking up street art - though he is a man of many talents so maybe he might get into it one day :-)

      Delete
  4. What fab street art! You know, I have walked past these laneways numerous times and never even noticed the street art. I need to pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cakelaw - I find I got looking when I am waiting to meet someone or waiting for an event to start - thank goodness I am not always really late :-)

      Delete
  5. I love street art (and not just the graffiti art) its one of the reasons I love going to Bristol to see whats new, but Cardiff the nearest proper city from where I live, is beginning to follow suit under Empty Walls project. I hope to share one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen - interesting to hear that street art is increasing in your part of the UK - there was an article recently about if street art increases real estate value on houses

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)